Call for Applications for Arab Master's Programme in Democracy and Human RightsMaster 08.03.2019
The Arab Master in Democracy and Human Rights is:
- An intensive advanced course in the field of democracy and human rights.
- A Master’s Degree (60 ECTS) from Saint Joseph University in cooperation with the partner universities.
- An intensive learning combined with an action and policy-oriented approach.
- Comprised of two semesters: one in Beirut and the other in a participating university.
- A supervised Master’s thesis in one of the partner universities.
- The foundation for a successful career on national, international, and non-governmental levels.
The call for applications for the next academic year (2019/2020) is organised in two rounds of application. The first round closes on the 17th of March 2019. Shortlisted candidates in this round will receive an answer by the 2nd of April 2019.
The second round of applications closes on the 26th of May 2019. Shortlisted candidates in this round will receive an answer by the 10th of June 2019.
Applicants must have a minimum of 240 ECTS (MA degree, or a BA degree with an additional 60 master-level European credits, or their equivalent). Degrees should be in political science, law, any other social science or specialisation in a relevant discipline. Additional studies and practical experience in the area of human rights in inter-governmental, governmental, or non-governmental organisations are a plus. Proficiency in written and spoken English is a must.
In order to apply you need to fill out the online Application Form. It includes a letter of intention explaining your interest in the programme and your career ambitions
- A transcript of grades of your diplomas (Bacherlor degree and, when applicable, post-graduate degree)
- A copy of your diploma (High School diploma, Bachelor degree and, when applicable, post-graduate degree)
- A copy of your passport
- A CV
- A digital photo
- Two letters of recommendation (at least one should be academic)
For those requesting a Scholarship, you will find a specific section within the Application Form. Scholarship requests are examined at the same time as applications to the programme.
In order to apply, .