Grant Programme for Foreign Students to Follow a Master’s Degree in The University of LleidaMaster 25.03.2020
Deadline: 27 March 2020
The purpose of this call for grants is to provide financial support for students with a foreign degree that would like to apply for a master's degree programme at the UdL.
Students with a foreign degree are invited to apply for these grants.
All applicants must fulfill the the following requirements:
- access to the official master's degree programme with a degree issued by a university outside the Spanish higher education system
- enroll to an official master's degree programme offered by the UdL during the academic year 2020-21
- not having a PhD degree
- not having any other Spanish master's degree diploma
- not having a permanent residence in Spain
- not being a scholarship holder, on the date of the application, from any other scholarship or financial support offered by the UdL to subsidize the registration fees into which the beneficiary has been pre-admitted
The grant consists in the payment of the amount of the registration, taxes (administrative, academic and study of homologation of foreign degrees), the school insurance. The International Relations Unit is in charge of the payment of the registration and the taxes.
In addition, applicants who are enrolled in a full or part time master's degree program that requires his or her stay in Lleida during the whole academic year will receive 2.500€ as individual support (maintenance and accommodation).
Applicants enrolled in a virtual master's degree program will receive 1.000€ for this concept.
The payment will be done in two times:
- a first payment of 50% of the total amount of the grant at the beginning of the stay.
- a second payment of the pending grant at the beginning of the second semester. To make effective this last payment, it will be necessary to present a report signed by the academic coordinator master's degree certifying possitive academic achievement.
Renewal of grants 2017/18
The amount of the grant for the accommodation and subsistence will be the one established in the call for grants 17/18.
All application forms that fail to meet the established requirements or that are not submitted on time will be dismissed. If the requested documentation is not completed, applicants will have 10 working days to make amendments.
Applicants are responsible for hiring the health insurance, for paying the pre-enrolment tax and any other expenses that may come.
All application forms will be evaluated using the following criteria:
A) Academic transcript of records (up to 3 points);
B) Curriculum Vitae: previous training, languages, temporary stays abroad, mobility programmes and work experience (up to 2 points). The CV will be valued by the master's degree program coordinator;
C) Motivation letter explaining the contribution the applicant can do to promote the internationalization of the University of Lleida within the research groups and lines of the university through PhD studies (up to 3 points);
D) Applicants with an academic degree from one of the universities the UdL has an specif agreement signed with (up to 1 point);
E) Acces to masters' degree programs that include an internationalization view such as: masters Erasmus Mundus and other international master's degree programs or in process (up to 1 point).
Applicants applying for the third or fouth semester (renovations) must have passed all the registered credits during the course 2018/19.
The International Relations and Mobility Comission will present a resolution proposal according to the following criteria:
- The scoring obtained by each applicant in the criteria specified above.
- The balance distribution of participants between the master's degree programmes.
For more information website