Call for Applications: Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program 2020-2021Master 08.05.2020
Deadline: 14 October 2020
- Join a multidisciplinary community of Stanford graduate students dedicated to tackling the world’s challenges.
- Experience the King Global Leadership platform of personal development opportunities, with coaching and feedback, and the opportunity to learn from diverse leaders from different walks of life.
- Receive full funding for up to three years of your graduate degree program at Stanford, plus a stipend for room and board.
- Build skills in leadership and communication that will empower you to work across disciplines and to scale creative solutions for complex challenges.
- The deadline to apply for the 2021 cohort is Wednesday, October 14, 2020, at 1:00 pm Pacific Time.
- If you earned your bachelor’s degree in 2014 or later, you are eligible to apply.
- If you are still in college studying for your first/bachelor’s degree, you are eligible to apply as long as you will complete your first/bachelor’s degree before you enroll as a graduate student at Stanford.
- We encourage applications to Knight-Hennessy Scholars from residents of all countries.
- You are eligible to apply to the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program if you are applying to enroll in a full-time graduate program(s) at Stanford (for example, but not limited to, DMA, JD, MA, MBA, MD, MFA, MPP, MS, or PhD) or if you plan on pursuing one of Stanford’s many joint- and dual- graduate degree options (for example, but not limited to, MD+PhD, JD+MA, MBA+MS).
There is neither a typical nor an ideal Knight-Hennessy Scholar. In selecting Knight-Hennessy Scholars, we look primarily at three areas:
1. Independence of Thought
- Exhibits first-step mental sharpness
- Seeks out knowledge and new experiences
- Full of original ideas
- Makes sense of ambiguity
- Can hold a contrarian or dissenting point of view
2. Purposeful Leadership
- Ambitious, in the best sense
- Driven to improve self
- Able to bring others along
- Persistent and resilient
3. Civic Mindset
- Personally humble and kind
- Supportive and accountable
- Embraces difference
- Concerned for and helpful to others
For more information website