Are you interested in getting know more about social entrepreneurship experience in Azerbaijan?News 12.09.2018
"Social Business Youth Center(SBYC) aims to promote and educate social entrepreneurship among young people and provide necessary tools for launching social businesses. Until now we organized events on topics related to social entrepreneurship, accepting total 1000+ applications and 250+ participants.
Are you interested in getting know more about social entrepreneurship experience in Azerbaijan? Would you like to hear from an experienced social entrepreneur about main challenges of social enterprises and their possible solutions? Then don't miss this opportunity to be connected with our honored guest speaker Mrs. Gwen Burchell!
Date and time: 29 September, 12.00
Topic: "Main challenges of social enterprises in Azerbaijan"
Venue: Baku Idea Lab (Caspian Plaza, 3rd Floor,Jafar Jabbarli str, 40, near Nizami subway station)
Duration: 1 hour
Speaker: Gwen Burchell
- Gwen Burchell visited Azerbaijan in November 1997. She was so inspired by this visit, that she returned in February 1998 to found UAFA, and has been living and working in the country ever since. UAFA is a social development organisation and they are establishing social enterprises like ENJOY in order to generate income for our services for children with disabilities etc.
- Prior to establishing UAFA, Gwen Burchell gained valuable experience working for two non-profit organisations. She worked in the fundraising department for one charity which provides care services for children with terminal illnesses and their families. She also spent two years volunteering for The Samaritans, a charity which provides emotional support to anyone in emotional distress, struggling to cope or at the risk of suicide. Both experiences were very influential in helping - - Gwen to develop UAFA’s direction and ethical foundation.
- Her academic background is a BSc in Management Science (University of Kent, 1994), followed by an MSc in Social Policy & Planning, graduating from LSE in 2009.
- Gwen was awarded an MBE by the Queen in 2004 for her services to Special Education in Azerbaijan.
Topics to be discussed:
- Success stories of "UAFA" and "Enjoy Chocolates"
- Main issues of running social projects and enterprises in Azerbaijan. Why is it so challenging to manage a social business?
- How to overcome those challenges? What can we do for it?
Participation is FREE. Spots are limited. Deadline for registration : 28th September , 19.00
Registation link : https://goo.gl/forms/lBdckbkl9N802Fjj1
050 726 39 03