The Arturo Falaschi ICGEB Postdoctoral FellowshipPhD 15.10.2017
Deadline: 31 March 2018
Open to: young people, presence is given to individuals under 35
Fellowship: Trieste (Italy): Euro 2,000, New Delhi (India): USD 1,590, Cape Town (South Africa): ZAR 18,750.
ICGEB offers competitive Postdoctoral Fellowships in Life Sciences to highly motivated scientists wishing to pursue postdoctoral research in a world-class scientific environment. The Fellowships comprise a very competitive package including stipend, health insurance, and additional benefits. The most successful fellows will also be eligible, upon completion, to apply for ICGEB Early Career Research Grants to support their own research programmes as young PIs upon return to an ICGEB Member State.
- Applicants must be nationals of an ICGEB Member State and may not apply for fellowships to be undertaken in their country of origin unless they have been working abroad for, at least, the last 3 years and at the time of application;
- Degree requirements: applicants should hold a recent Ph.D. in Life Sciences or have at least 3 years research experience;
- Preference is given to candidates below the age of 35.
- Duration: 2 years with the possibility of a 1-year extension;
- Monthly stipend: Trieste (Italy): Euro 2,000, New Delhi (India): USD 1,590, Cape Town (South Africa): ZAR 18,750;
- Travel: the fellowship includes provision for travel expenses from the participant’s home country to the ICGEB lab at the beginning of the fellowship and a return travel provision upon completion of the fellowship;
- Medical health insurance coverage is provided for the duration of the fellowship;
- All Research costs will be supported by the research group’s budget;
- Visa/permit of stay application and renewal costs are reimbursed;
- Support for participation in Meetings and Courses is generally provided by the Group Leader / PI.
How to Apply?
Applicants should contact the ICGEB Group Leader/PI of their choice with a motivation letter, to determine the availability of laboratory space and to define the research project proposal that will form an integral part of the application.
Apply to: email@example.com
For more information please visit the official website.