Postdoctoral Opening at the University of HaifaPhD 15.05.2018
in German and European Studies
University of Haifa
The Haifa Center for German and European Studies (HCGES) at the University of Haifa seeks to fill a post-doc position for one year, starting on October 2018 or at a later, agreed-upon, date. This search is open for all sub-fields of contemporary European and German Studies (e.g. the humanities, social sciences, law, education, etc.).
Applicants must hold a Ph.D. degree, demonstrate an active research program and output, indicating the potential for outstanding scholarship. The Post-doc researcher is expected to conduct individual research leading to publications. The training shall start no later than five years after PhD graduation.
The admission procedures will be conducted in accordance with the rules and regulations of the University of Haifa and are subject to the approval of the university authorities. The university is not obliged to admit any of the candidates who apply for the position.
The amount of the scholarship is 69,000 NIS for the whole period of the post-doctoral training (12 months).
Electronic applications should include the following documents (each in a separate file) in English and be sent to the academic coordinator of the HCGES, Katharina Konarek, email@example.com.
• Curriculum Vitae including a list of publications
• Names, addresses and email addresses of three potential referees
• PhD Certificate of Proof of PhD Completion
• Scientific biography outlining research and teaching interests and research plans for the
• List of course proposals and teaching evaluations, if available
• A cover letter stating the motivations and willingness to take the position, starting
October 2018 or later date
• Up to 3 publications
DEADLINE: 30 May 2018
For further inquiries please contact the director of the HCGES, Prof. Eli Salzberger, firstname.lastname@example.org and check out the Postdoctoral Portal of the University of Haifa