150 Fully Funded PhD Degree Scholarships at the European University Institute, Italy, 2019-2020PhD 23.10.2018
You must meet the minimum degree requirements set by the relevant grant authority for admission to the EUI Ph.D. Programme. As a general rule, you should fulfill the minimum degree requirements by 31 August, but please note that this is not valid for candidates applying for some national grants whose eligibility requirements include conditions regarding the degree and its time of award.
- Austria: Completion of university studies (Magister/Master’s degree)
- Belgium (Flanders): Master degree - Belgium (Wallonie-Bruxelles): Master degree of at least 120 credits
- Bulgaria: Master’s degree diploma with a Grade Point Average of minimum “Very good 5” or the respective equivalent from the evaluation system in the country, where the degree is obtained
- Cyprus: Bachelor’s degree (ptychio)
- Denmark: Kandidateksamen
- Finland: Ylempi korkeakoulututkinto/högre högskoleexamen, equivalent foreign degree
- France: DEA (or Master) or equivalent to bac + 5
- Estonia: Master’s degree
- Germany: Completion of university studies and the qualifications required to study for a doctorate
- Greece: Higher education degree (ISCED 6), and master’s degree or equivalent (ISCED 7)
- Italy: Laurea (vecchio ordinamento); laurea specialistica / laurea magistrale (nuovo ordinamento) or equivalent
- Latvia: Magistra grads vai magistra grada limenim pielidzinata izglitiba (Master's degree or education equal to a Master's degree)
- Luxembourg: Master degree or equivalent.
- Malta:Master’s degree equivalent to Level 7 on the Malta Qualifications Framework.
- Netherlands: Doctoraal examen or Master's degree
- Norway: Master’s degree or equivalent degree
- Poland: Master’s degree (magister or an equivalent degree)
- Portugal: Licenciatura and qualifications required to study for a doctorate in Portugal
- Romania: Candidates should have an undergraduate degree + a master degree (usually 3 + 2 years) or an equivalent qualification needed to study for a doctorate
- Spain: Estudios de grado o licenciado y un master al menos de 60 créditos
- Sweden: General entry requirements (According to the Swedish Higher Education Ordinance). A person meets the general entry requirements for third-cycle courses and study programmes if he or she: 1. has been awarded a second-cycle qualification. 2. has satisfied the requirements for courses comprising at least 240 credits of which at least 60 credits were awarded in the second-cycle, or 3. has acquired substantially equivalent knowledge in some other way in Sweden or abroad.The higher education institution may permit an exemption from the general entry requirements for an individual applicant, if there are special grounds. Ordinance (2010:1064)
- Switzerland: Completion of university studies (Master’s degree)
- UK & Ireland: Good honours degree (min. Upper Second); preference to those with a Master's degree
- EUI Special Doctoral Fellowships: Master or equivalent degree in an academic discipline relevant to the doctoral programme of the selected EUI Department and to the research proposal
- Other countries: Diploma equivalent to the minimum qualification needed to study for a doctorate in a given country
Applicants must submit an application and all required documents via the interactive online application form. There are two distinct phases in the application process
- Register as early as possible: You are encouraged to register, insert your personal and referee details as soon as possible. This is important to allow sufficient time for your referees to submit the reference letters before the deadline. Reference letters will not be accepted after the deadline 31 January 2019 (24:00 – CET).
- Complete and submit application by the deadline 31 January 2019
- Before starting online submission, prepare the required documents:
- A one or two page CV
- The research statement of 1500 words (See above)
- A degree transcript, issued by your university listing the exams/courses taken at university, grades/marks awarded and (if applicable) the final degree result (electronic size max 1 MB). Submit your transcript as a scanned file to the on-line application. If pertinent, you may attach more than one transcript from previous degree/s. Do not attach or send supplementary documents that are not strictly requested, such as the copy of your official diploma, traineeships diplomas etc.
- International English language certificate (See above).
- GRE (EUI code 7395 – departmental code 1801). The online or unofficial version of GRE – Examinee Score Report is acceptable. Candidates must directly upload mandatory GRE scores to the online application form.