Call for Applications - PhD Program Law and Politics in AustriaPhD 10.04.2019
Call for Applications - PhD Program Law and Politics
Karl-Franzens-University of Graz / Faculty of Law / Center for Southeast European Studies
The PhD Program in Law and Politics is an interdisciplinary doctoral program that will enable PhD researchers to broaden and deepen their theoretical, methodological and empirical knowledge and academic skills in the field of Law and Political Science
The application deadline is on 30th April of this calendar year and the application material has to be submitted in electronic form. In total, the programme offers up to 10 PhD places. The applicants will be notified about their acceptance by 31st June 2019.
Law: especially Constitutional Law, General Theory of State, Administrative Law and Public Administration, Legal Theory, Legal Sociology, Legal Philosophy, Public International Law, European Law, Business Law, Legal History.
Political Science: Political Theory, Political Systems, Comparative Government, International Relations, Public Management.
Economics: National Economy, Regional Economy, Political Economy, International Management.
Sociology: Macrosociology, Microsociology, Sociological Theory; Empirical Social Research.
Others: Contemporary History, Philosophy, European Studies, Human Rights Studies, Gender Studies, Cultural Studies, Religious Studies and Anthropology.
Due to the interdisciplinary approach of the study programme, each topic has to be related to either Law or Political Science.
Applicants need to submit the following documents:
- The application form for the admission to the selection process.
- The application form for admission to a doctoral programme.
- University degree diploma(s) and evidence of all completed university programmes (Diploma/Bachelor’s/Master’s certificate, graduation certificate) and a transcript of records (with ECTS or contact hours per semester).
- A letter of motivation (in English, max. two pages).
- A short description of the intended topic of the dissertation (in English, max. 2 pages).
- A curriculum vitae (in English, max. three pages).
- Proof of sufficient knowledge of English: TOEFL iBT (min. 87 pt); IELTS (min. 6.0); Cambridge Proficiency English CPE (Level C); Cambridge Advanced English CPE (Level B) Applicants who have attended an English speaking High School or have been studying an English-taught programme for at least two years don’t have to give proof of their English knowledge.
- Secondary School Leaving Certificate.
- Evidence of Admission (only applicable to applicants who do not possess the citizenship of an EU/EEA member state or have a status equivalency. The confirmation has to be for the same Doctorate and semester/academic year, in which admission is sought, at a recognized university in the country where the Master/ Diploma degree was issued. A sample form will be provided).
Centre for Southeast European Studies
Schubertstrasse 21/1, 8010 Graz