Doctoral Scholarship from the Yousef Jameel ScholarshipPhD 15.04.2020
Deadline: 15 July 2020
With the support of the Yousef Jameel Scholarship Fund Humboldt-Universität annually awards two scholarships to doctoral candidates in the natural science fields of Informatics/ Computer Science, Mathematics, Biology/ Biomedicine, Chemistry, Physics, Geography and Agricultural Science.
- Applicants must hold an academic degree and fulfil the requirements necessary for admission to a doctoral programme at the appropriate Humboldt Universität faculty.
- The applicant must obtain admission to a doctoral programme (Promotionszulassung) before the scholarship’s starting date.
- Very good written and spoken English as well as good German communications skills are required.
- Applications will be considered from students of Arab countries and Turkey who credibly demonstrate their intent to return.
- To increase the proportion of women at the university, applications from qualified women are particularly encouraged. Disabled persons will receive preference, assuming equal qualifications.
The scholarships are awarded for three years and commence on October, 1. The stipend awarded is EUR 1340 per month, plus materials expenses.
- A cover letter detailing the intended field of study of the doctoral program, as well as the motivation of the applicant;
- A CV and list of publications, if applicable;
- An exposé including a detailed work plan for the three-year scholarship period (maximum ten pages);
- Copies of academic records and references from previous employers, with certified German translations, if necessary;
- An evaluation from the applicant’s PhD supervisor of the Humboldt-Universität.
Send Applications and Questions to:
Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
Research Service Centre
Yousef Jameel Scholarship
Unter den Linden 6
For more information website