Call for Applications: 2020 APSN Conference Travel GrantsPhD 13.03.2020
Deadlines: 18 June 2020 at 11 PM (GMT)
The Arab Political Science Network (APSN) is pleased to announce the 2020 Conference Travel Grants. As part of its mission to support the professional development of PhD students and faculty members from the Arab MENA region, these grants are offered for individuals and groups accepted to participate and present at an academic conference.
Types of Funding:
- Panel Funding: APSN will offer ONE travel grant of up to $6500 to an accepted panel at an international or regional conference. Panel themes and papers should be related to political science or one of its sub-fields focusing on the MENA region. Non-Arabs and non-residents of the region could benefit from this grant provided that their papers are accepted as part of the selected panel and the panel includes at least two scholars residing in the Arab MENA region.
- Individual Funding: APSN will offer individual travel grants up to $1500 for accepted papers at regional or international conferences. Authors must be Arab nationals with funding prioritizing scholars based in the region. Accepted papers should be related to political science or one of its sub-fields focusing on the MENA region.
Eligibility and Application Requirements:
- ِApplicants must be PhD Students or Faculty Members with priority to scholars based in Arab MENA states;
- Grants will only cover airfare, accommodation and meals;
- One conference travel award per applicant per academic year (please note that the same scholar cannot apply for both grants);
- Applications must be submitted electronically via this LINK.
Review and Award:
Completed applications received by each deadline will be reviewed by an academic committee. Applications will be ranked on the basis of academic merit, relevance to the PhD dissertation completion (if applicable), and the strength of the letter of recommendation. Only successful applicants will be contacted.