Call for Applications: ICMR Centenary – Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Scheme) by ICMR IndiaPhD 29.03.2020
Deadline: 30 June 2020
ICMR, with its 26 state-of-the-art Institutes/Centers, is amongst the foremost research organizations in the field of Bio Medical Sciences. Over the years, the ICMR has helped in making a scientific milieu in India, creating and nurturing talent in many disciplines such as communicable and non communicable diseases, basic medical sciences, reproductive health including nutrition, human resource developments etc.
ICMR PDF Scheme is being instituted to foster high quality research opportunities to promising fresh Ph.D./ MD/MS holders in the cutting edge areas of basic science, communicable and non communicable diseases, and reproductive health including nutrition at ICMR Institutes /Centers. Special focus will be on fundamental research in areas of science and other priority areas identified by ICMR from time to time. ICMR intends to offer fifty (50) such fellowships every year for working in ICMR Institutes/Centers with state-of-art R&D facilities. These fellowships will be allocated by Director General, ICMR, depending upon the needs of the Institute/Centre.
- Fresh PhDs/MD/MS within three years of completing their Ph.D./MD/MS degree (awarded) and also those who have received their provisional Ph.D./MD/MS degree can apply. Degree copy to be submitted as on the last date of application form.
Note: Result notification/certificate or Viva-voce/Thesis submitted notification will not be considered
- The Post Doctoral proposed research work should be the continuation of the Ph.D. or MD/MS research work. If not, then the application will not be considered.
- PDF Guide should be having the minimum designation of Scientist-C grade.
- Postgraduate medical students are also permitted to carry out ICMR’s PDF in MCI recognized postgraduate medical colleges wherein minimum of three batches have obtained their postgraduate degree.
- ICMR PDF is open to Indian nationals only.
- Accommodation may be provided by ICMR Institutes/Centers if available. However, in such cases HRA will not be paid.
- ICMR PDFs will be entitled for medical benefits and leave as per the ICMR rules for JRF/Research Associates.
- Selection of the “ICMR Centenary Post Doctoral Fellows” will be made through interview of short listed candidates by specially constituted Selection Committee by DG, ICMR based on their publications, citations and its impact factor.
- The place of interview will be ICMR Hqrs. New Delhi.
- Eligible candidates must route their applications through the sponsoring ICMR Institutes/ Centers. Applicants coming from abroad may also be considered in absentia, if eligible and found suitable by the Committee.
For more information: website