Call for Applications: Helen Hay Whitney Fellowships 2021PhD 06.05.2020
Deadline: 15 June 2020
Apply for the Fully Funded Helen Hay Whitney Fellowships 2021. The scholarship is for Masters, Ph.D., Post Doc degree in the field of biomedical sciences.
The Helen Hay Whitney Foundation, established by Joan Whitney (Mrs. Charles S. Payson) in 1943, awards the “Helen Hay Whitney Postdoctoral Fellowship” for support postdoctoral research in the biomedical sciences. Additionally, the foundation was established in New York in 1943 by Joan Whitney Payson in cooperation with the estate planning of her mother, Helen Hay Whitney (1875-1944). Currently the Foundation awards 20 fellowships per year.
- Candidates who hold or obtaining Ph.D., M.D., or equivalent degree and are starting postdoctoral training in basic biomedical research are eligible for the fellowship.
- Applicants with a minimum one year of postdoctoral research experience at the time of the deadline for submitting the application.
- Also, those who obtained a Ph.D. (or D.Phil. or equivalent) degree minimum two years before the deadline, or an M.D. degree minimum three years before the deadline.
- US citizens can work in labs either in the US, Canada, or abroad.
- Foreign nationals can take this fellowship in the US only.
- International candidates must have relevant visa documentation.
- Applications from prominent scientists or established fellows will not be accepted.
- Screening by Scientific Advisory Committee through an interview.
- Additionally, the University will call the selected candidates for the final interview.
- Furthermore, the votes of the Board of Trustees must approve the selected candidates.
- The successful applicants of Helen Hay Whitney Postdoctoral Research Fellowships, 2021 will receive:
- Research allowance of USD 1500/year.
- Also, a stipend of USD 54,000 (1st year), USD 57000(2nd year), USD 60,000 (3rd year).
- Likewise, travel expenses.
- Additionally, the duration of the fellowship is 3 years.
For more information website