Call for Applications: RFS - Randle Travel BursaryScholarships & Grants 21.03.2020
Deadline: 27 march 2020
Through the generosity of the Trustees of the Donald Randle Trust, the Royal Forestry Society (RFS) is able to offer bursaries to support members to travel overseas to enhance their forestry knowledge. Over the years, bursaries from the Randle Travel Fund (RTF) have helped a large number of RFS members, and promoted significant knowledge sharing and exchange.
Terms and Conditions
Applicants must either be a current RFS individual or student member or work full-time for a RFS corporate member. RFS membership must be confirmed prior to the deadline for receipt of applications.
Each bursary is £300. And the recipients are invited to submit an article that will be published by the RFS online, with an extract and link in the Quarterly Journal of Forestry to share their findings and experiences.
The Randle Travel Fund bursary will provide £300 to cover part or all of the subsistence and travel costs when taking part in any of the following:
- RFS Overseas Study Tours, either organised by the RFS Head Office or local RFS Division.
- Individual trips abroad organised specifically
enhance your forestry knowledge.
- Payments will total £300. This will be awarded as follows, £250 upon successful application and then £50 upon receipt of project report for publication.
Randle Travel Fund bursaries exclude group expeditions or participation in tours or courses organised by other bodies, education establishments and commercial enterprises.
Projects should be completed within 12 months of a bursary being awarded.
It is a condition of the Randle Travel Bursary Fund that each recipient must submit a written report (1500-2000 words) to RFS within three months of completion of the project. The report will be considered for publication in the Quarterly Journal of Forestry.
How to Apply
To apply for a bursary from the Randle Travel Fund you must complete and submit an application as follows:
- Download and complete the Randle Travel Fund application form. The application form is available under the Resources section, above right. Please provide all the requested information. This should outline your learning/study objectives and your approach. In addition, please include your budget and clarify how the project will be funded if the total costs exceed £300.
- Please save and submit an application in PDF format
- Applications will only be received by email at firstname.lastname@example.org Include “Randle Travel Fund Application” in your subject header.
All applications will be treated with strictest confidence. A committee will be appointed by RFS to review all applications. No other information will be used to assess each application. Successful bursary recipients will be notified by the end of March.