EU Scheme for Young Professionals in the WB: Call for ApplicationsTraining 28.09.2017
The European Commission and the British Council announce the Call for applications to the EU Scheme for Young Professionals in the Western Balkans – Round II (YPS 2017), the action implementing two training programmes in EU academic institutions and a regional exchange component for early career civil servants from the six countries of the Western Balkans (Albania, Bosnia and Hercegovina, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia). Applications will be open until 10 October 2017.
At the end of selection procedure successful applicants will be offered the opportunity to attend 2 intensive trainings (2 weeks each) at Science Po in Paris (France) named “Executive Certificate in Management and Public Policy” and at College of Europe in Bruges (Belgium), as well as to participate at a 2 weeks Regional Exchange Programme to promote the regional cooperation element of the EU integration process at the level of civil service.
The EU Scheme Programme, whose working language is only English, will offer up to 30 places, 5 for each country of the region (the actual number of grants awarded may also be less depending on suitability of candidates).
This call is open to mid-level civil servants with between 2 and 5 years of working experience in Public Administration involved in policy formulation and strategic planning within the Prime Minister’s Office, Ministry of Finance, strategic units of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Ministry of European Integration/Governmental Directorates/Bodies of European Integration as well as civil servants from other line Ministries directly involved in European Integration process.
In order to be considered eligible to apply, you must fulfill all of the following criteria:
- Civil servants with between 2 and 5 years of working experience in Public Administration in one of the six countries of the Western Balkans.
- Civil servants who have been recruited in PA through a public competition (political appointees are excluded from this selection process as they cannot be considered as civil servants)
- Civil servants involved in policy formulation and strategic planning within the Prime Minister’s Office, Ministry of Finance, strategic units of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Ministry of European Integration/Governmental Directorates/Bodies of European Integration as well as civil servants from other line Ministries directly involved in European Integration process.
- Citizens with a valid passport issued by the National Authority in one of the 6 Western Balkan countries. Passports of another country than the one where the applicant works as a civil servant are not acceptable.
- Fluent in English with at least an upper-intermediate level (B2). Those candidates who already have a valid TOEFL/IELTS language certification will not be asked to participate to the second stage of selection (i.e. English language test) if they provide a valid proof of this certification with at least the same level of knowledge as above (B2 or equivalent).
- Available to travel and to move abroad from November 2017 to May 2018.
The programme will cover the following costs for up to 30 participants:
- Tuition fees at Science Po and at College of Europe
- Accommodation and living allowances in France and Belgium
- Visa costs (if Visa is needed)
- Health insurance and flight tickets
- English language test costs
Selected participants will commit to:
- Attend in full the 4 weeks trainings at Science Po and at College of Europe, divided in two modules planned in December 2017 and January-February 2018.
- Attend the two weeks exchange programme in the Public Administrations of one of the six countries involved in the programme (March/April 2018).
- Attend the Regional Alumni Conference and Lessons Learnt event (May 2018)
According to the Rules of Procedure selections will be carried out in 3 stages and include the following steps:
- Pre-Selection of eligible candidates based on formal and administrative criteria.
- English language test (only if a candidate pass B2 level threshold he/she will be invited to sit the interview)
- Interviews by a 5 members’ panel composed of 2 permanent members: 1 British Council working group representative and 1 EU senior expert with academic and appropriate professional background; and 3 rotating members in each of the six countries: 1 NIPAC representative, 1 EUD representative and 1 YPS 2016 Alumnus.
Additional information on the EU Scheme for Young Professionals in the Western Balkans – Round II rules and selections criteria and procedures are available online on the project’s website (Rules of Procedure) and must be read and understood before submitting the application.
After registering to the project’s website, applicants will receive a full application package by email Each applicant must complete in English the YPS 2017 Application Form, the Europass CV format and they must accompany the application with a signed and dated Letter of Motivation explaining why they wish to take part in the scheme and what could be their contribution to the programme (including also a draft proposal for the common assignment topic to be implemented during the exchange component).
Women and representatives of minorities are strongly encouraged to apply. Application forms and the full set of accompanying documents will be delivered by email to interested applicants after registering at the following website: http://Eu4wb6.com/ starting from 27 September 2017.
In order to apply, .