Call for Applications, Fifth Eastern European Academy for Social DemocracyTraining 03.08.2018
FIFTH EASTERN EUROPEAN ACADEMY
FOR SOCIAL DEMOCRACY
Dialogue and qualification program for young leaders of progressive parties or social democratic youth organizations, young members of Parliament, junior government officials or civic activists from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Germany, Moldova, Russia and Ukraine
- CALL FOR APPLICATIONS -
The Regional Office “Dialogue Eastern Europe” of the Friedrich-Ebert-Foundation invites young progressive leaders aged 20-35 to apply for the 5th edition of the Eastern European Academy for Social Democracy, which will take place from 9th till 15th of September 2018 in Ukraine (Kyiv and Dnipro).
The 5th Academy will focus on energy and climate policy in the Eastern Partnership Region, considering the global energy market transformation and challenges that trigger global climate change. A special attention will be paid to the social dimension of energy transition and its impact on the labor market as well as on social security aspects.
During an intensive 6-day-programm, participants will go through a carefully balanced program of lectures and discussions with top experts, politicians and activists about issues on modern energy policies in Eastern Partnership countries, Germany and Russia. Furthermore, summit participants will work on recommendations to promote a fair and equitable transition to renewable energies in the region.
Under professional guidance, participants will have the opportunity to promote their soft skills, to practice group-to-group negotiations and learn how to reach consensus despite various standpoints.
Goals of the program:
- Academy is primarily aimed at around 16 candidates who are committed to social democratic values, and who are interested in strengthening the political dialogue between their nations and the other countries of the region as well as the European Union.
- Besides promoting peaceful dialogue, mutual understanding, and the exchange of social democratic policies the Academy offers participatory workshops on practical key competences and soft
- The program will give deep insight into the political situation in the region on the example of Ukraine and will provide an opportunity for high level discussions with politicians and civil society
- The Academy is based on a growing, sustainable network of Eastern European future leaders who are willing to facilitate dialogue among young, committed, and progressive people open for finding new ideas to cooperate within the
- The Academy takes place several times a year in different countries of the Region with changing topics and workshops. The first Academy (Germany, November 2016) has dealt with principles of social-democratic foreign policy. The second one (Ukraine, February 2017) has focused on the economic aspects of countries’ development and reindustrialization. The third one (Moldova, May 2017) has concentrated on the outcomes of Association Agreements between the EU and Eastern Partnership countries. The fourth Academy (Georgia, October 2017) has addressed medical system.
- During all Academies participants have mastered their soft skills in such trainings as: strategic planning, conflict-management and training of trainers (ToT).
- The working language of the program is
- All costs related to the program will be covered by the
- Citizenship of Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Germany, Moldova, Russia and Ukraine
- Between 25 and 35 years old.
- Fluency in English.
- Young leaders from progressive political parties or social democratic youth organizations; young members of Parliament, junior government officials or civic activists.
- With the willingness to actively take part in Alumni activities, to constantly support a growing sustainable progressive network of like-minded people and to involve in organization of political programs in the respective home countries.
- Participants of the previous Academies are also welcome to
- To apply, please fill in the application form and submit your CV to the following address: email@example.com (The application is completed only if both documents are submitted on time).
- Application deadline is August 16 at 6 pm (Kyiv time). No applications afterwards will be accepted and evaluated.
- The results will be announced on August 22. Shortlisted candidates might be invited for a skype interview.
- The organization team aims to ensure gender balance of participants in the