CSAAE Emerging African Leaders Program: 2018 Call for ApplicationTraining 05.08.2018
The Centre for Social Awareness, Advocacy and Ethics, Inc. (CSAAEINC), U.S.A., is now accepting applications from Nigerian youths interested in our leadership, ethics, career building and entrepreneurship programs.
CSAAEINC is an International Non-profit Organization established to redress the challenges of leadership in Africa, poor entrepreneurial spirit and misguided social and moral sense – all of which we believe are the causes of poverty and underdevelopment in Africa. We accomplish these through four programs designed to nurture a new generation of African leaders and workforce imbued with the morals and skillset necessary to facilitate development, end poverty and make Africa a better place. The programs include:
- Emerging African Leaders Program (ELP): ELP prepares youths for public service. The aim is to raise a new generation of political and government leaders with the capacities, competencies, and character for good governance. The three-year program includes biannual conferences and weekly webinars on good governance, ethical and creative leadership, one-on-one mentoring, year-round engagement in social impact projects and leadership building experiences.
- Network of Effective African Leaders (NEAL): Graduates of ELP are promoted to the Centre’s Network of Effective African Leaders. NEAL members run for offices and serve in government. The mandate is to take over the political leadership of Africa for good. They bear on each other on good governance, mentor emerging leaders, and champion social impact projects in Africa.
- Career Building and Entrepreneurship Program (CBEP): Not everyone will be in government. CBEP helps youths to land dream jobs or initiate enterprises in areas of market demand. We also groom aspiring media, judicial, religious and business leaders for as long as it takes them to become successful. These youths, in turn, commit to using their careers to enhance the greater good for Africa.
- Students Ethics and Anti-Corruption Network (SEACON): Corruption is the enemy of shared prosperity. If we don’t kill it, it will kill us. SEACON orients youths to positive moral and social values, transparency and accountability while working with them to identify, resist and fight corruption.
For 2018, we are accepting applications in the following areas:
- Emerging Political Leaders
- Emerging Judicial Leaders
- Emerging Religious Leaders
- Emerging Business Leaders (Entrepreneurs)
All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a Nigerian citizen
- Must not only have a phone or tablet that can-do WhatsApp but also must continuously have such phone or tablet and can afford to be online for our weekly online training.
- Must have the time to be online every Friday from 7 pm – 10 pm for our weekly training.
- Must be able to travel to any part of Nigeria twice yearly for our Foundation Conferences and Mid-Year Leadership Portfolio Summits.
- Must be able to pass CSAAEINC ethics tests.
- Must be committed to the common good of Nigeria and Africa.
Eligibility for Specific Areas:
Emerging Political Leaders:
- Must not only have a firm interest in running for political office or working in government but also have a clear plan to do so.
- Must be between 16 – 21 years of age by December 1, 2018
- Must be in the first or second year of undergraduate studies in a Nigerian tertiary institution
- Must be able to initiate and manage a community development project that addresses a specific social problem that one cares so much about. The project must be able to grow into a mega social enterprise after three years.
Emerging Judicial Leaders:
- Must not only have a firm interest in becoming a prominent lawyer, judge or activist but also must have clear plan to do so.
- Must be between 16 – 21 years of age by December 1, 2018
- Must be in the first or second year of undergraduate law studies in a Nigerian tertiary institution
- Must be able to initiate and manage a community development project that uses legal tools to address specific community problem that one cares so much about. The project must be able to grow into a mega socio-legal enterprise after three years.
Emerging Religious Leaders
- Must not only have a passion for Catholic Social Teaching but also have clear plan to implement it in one’s parish.
- Must be a Catholic Senior Seminarian in the first year of theological studies.
- Must be able to initiate and manage a faith-based community development project that addresses specific community problem that one cares so much about. The project must be able to grow into a mega faith-based enterprise after three years.
Emerging Business Leaders/Entrepreneurs
- Must not only have a passion for Entrepreneurship but also have clear enterprise or business idea that can spring into a multi-million-naira enterprise in few years.
- Must be an undergraduate
- Must not be more than 23 years of age.
A few more things you need to know about the program:
- Only a few people are selected annually, not more than 25 people for each program area
- Each program area has two phases: The first phase is the grooming stage which lasts for three-years. Those who make it through this first phase are accepted into the lifetime phase.
- All selected applicants will be on probation for 6 months. Within this period, they will not be entitled to any benefit at the Centre beside the training. After six months they may now be entitled to:
- Need-based scholarship
- Technical and financial support of community development project
- Merit-based leadership building experience at home or abroad
- A personal mentor, most of whom are based in the U.S.
- Need-based transportation reimbursement for conferences and summits.
- Free website and email address.
- Free accommodation, feeding and transportation for conferences and summits
- All selected applicants will be inducted into the program at the Centre’s 2018 three-day Foundation Conference and Impact Dinner holding in the first or second week of December 2018 in Abuja. The Centre will provide accommodation and feeding but the selected applicant will transport him or herself to Abuja.
If you meet the above criteria and consent to the stipulations above, you can go ahead and complete the application form here.
Deadline for application is September 30, 2018. Orientation for selected applicants will start on November 1, 2018. Induction is on November 24th at Abuja. Only selected applicants will be notified.
CSAAEINC does not discriminate on gender, ethnicity, State-of-Origin or religion. If you still have questions concerning the application process, please call 08168184714 or email: email@example.com