Call for Applications for the Carl Friedrich Goerdeler-Kolleg for Good GovernanceTraining 23.12.2018
The Goerdeler Kolleg is a one-year professional development program for committed leaders who champion social responsibility in public administration, business, and civil society. The Goerdeler Kolleg supports current and future leaders from all areas of society in incorporating the principles of good governance in their direct professional environment and volunteering activities. By acquiring knowledge and skills and developing robust networks, participants are better equipped to initiate sustainable change processes and shape social change effectively and in line with democratic principles.
The Kolleg program consists of five modules:
- Opening seminar: The one-year Kolleg program begins with the three-week opening seminar in Berlin and other locations. This in-depth event lays the foundation for the joint activities at the Kolleg.
- Project phase I: Following the opening seminar, all participants return to their home countries and begin to implement their individual good governance projects. They are supported by experienced project managers who are available to share advice.
- Mid-year seminar: The mid-year seminar takes place in March in a Central Eastern European member state of the EU. At the week-long event, participants evaluate the current status of their project and advise each other on how to overcome challenges. In addition, they deal in depth with one aspect of good governance and learn from the transformation experiences of their host country.
- Project phase II: Following the mid-year seminar, participants continue to implement their respective projects, which they are expected to complete by August.
- Concluding seminar: The year ends with a final gathering in a location near Berlin, where participants present their project results, jointly evaluate their year-long Kolleg experience, and connect with next year’s participants.
In order to be considered eligible to apply, you must fulfill all of the following criteria:
- Citizenship of one of the following countries: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Russia, Turkey, and Ukraine
- University degree
- Several years of professional experience in a responsible role
- Excellent command of German
- A specific project idea for an innovative social responsibility project
- Willingness to attend and actively participate in all seminars
All costs will be covered by the Robert Bosch Stiftung.
From the applications received, up to 40 people will be invited to the selection interviews. These are held in Berlin on May 13 and 14, 2019. Candidates will need to participate on both days to be considered; alternative dates are not offered. The Robert Bosch Stiftung will bear the costs for all candidates’ participation in the selection interviews (including travel expenses, board and lodging, visa, and health insurance). Up to 20 people can be admitted to the Kolleg.
- Deadline for online applications: February 18, 2019
- Decision about applicants invited to selection interviews: mid-April 2019
- Selection interviews in Berlin: May 13 and 14, 2019
- Final decision about successful candidates: mid-June 2019
- Program duration: August 2019 – August/September 2020
- Opening seminar: August 22 – September 6, 2019
- Mid-year seminar: one week in March 2020
- Concluding seminar: one week in August/September 2020
In order to apply, .
- For more Informations (German, PDF)
- Website German Council on Foreign Relations (DGAP)
- List of Contact Person in Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Russia, Turkey, and Ukraine (PDF)