Call for Applications, Rondine Cittadella della Pace Programme 2018Training 03.01.2018
Deadline: 26 January 2018
Open to: participants between the ages of 21 and 28 years old, from Balkans, Middle East, Russian Federation (including North Caucasus) and South Caucasus
Scholarship: Cost of the training activities in Rondine, Cost of the lodging and board, Cost of the academic or vocational training (enrolment fees, learning material, transportation)
Rondine Association, based in Italy, has been working for peace for 20 years. Utilizing an original training approach, the program targets young people coming from different cultures or from countries in conflict areas and aims to teach them to understand their own conflict and accept living with their enemy.
During a two-year experience, participants deconstruct the idea of the enemy and work actively to develop projects with social, political and economic impact in order to contribute to peaceful development in their own countries and in the world.
To achieve these results, students receive high quality training on topics connected to conflict management, as well as improve their communication skills and learn about the necessary methodologies needed to create concrete opportunities.
In addition to this specific training, students develop their professional and academic personalized curriculum by obtaining a master’s degree or a high specialization vocational training degree.
The World House is an international experience of civil commitment for conflict transformation. It takes place through the experience of cohabitation with other students and through daily activities. This is central part of where the education process and training take place - learning in living.
It is the core of the Citadel, where many innovative courses and projects are explored, and where the young participants are consciously prepared to become leaders, in a context of fast transformation, deep change, high stake conflicts and an increased complexity of relations. It is the place where the promotion and the diffusion of the mission of Rondine begin.
It is now possible to apply to the current training program which will run from July 2018 to June 2020 and is divided into three main areas: daily life, trainings and academics. All areas are strongly oriented toward the principles and values of Rondine’s mission:
- In the daily context, through cohabitation with others, the participant has to practice respect for the other as a person and is asked for responsible participation in the educative processes. The entire experience is based on relations and active listening, in order to understand social, cultural and religious diversity and to be able to witness its previous and current experience and to develop projects having social impact. In practice, the participant is expected to actively contribute to the daily activities of Rondine and to adopt a proactive attitude. Participation and attendance to activities is crucial and present an occasion during which the participant can show and exercise the skills developed during the training courses.
- In the training context, together with the attendance to high quality courses organized by Rondine, the participant has to work on his/her own competences, to improve and nourish his/her strategic and leadership abilities. They do so by exploring topics and methodologies appropriate to act in contexts of fast transformation, profound change, high stake conflicts and increasingly complex relations which are usually typical for the countries they come from. On this level, Rondine develops and works with students on the macro topics of human rights, conflict and its transformation, and mediation, coupled with methodologies of information transmission, knowledge and skills like non-formal education, active learning, testimonies and storytelling.
- In the academic context, through the work on a master’s degree or other type of vocational training courses at the main universities or institutes in Tuscany and Umbria, the participant will complete the personal study curriculum started in his/her country, getting prepared for the job market with greater sensibility and focus on social changes. The duration and the attendance to this course will be agreed upon with the educational staff, and the candidate would have to prepare a Dichiarazione di Valore1, necessary for enrolment in specific levels of studies. Rondine welcomes students having all academic backgrounds since we strongly believe in the possibility to impact on conflict transformation through civil society and through all the professional sectors.
Participants will be selected among candidates showing the following characteristics:
- Ages between 21- 28;
- Sensibility and readiness to work on the topics of conflict of the country of origin and conflicts in general;
- Predisposition to leadership;
- Predisposition to public speaking and communication;
- Predisposition to team and group work and active listening;
- Predisposition to taking on roles of responsibility;
- Predisposition to team building and active involvement;
- Predisposition to civic engagement and volunteering;
- Predisposition to entrepreneurship and social innovation;
- Project-oriented attitude, aiming at implementing social projects upon return to his/her home country;
- Knowledge about civil society and the non- profit sector;
- Sensibility about global sustainability or at least about some of the following topics: climate change, cooperation, welfare, civil and social economy;
- A wish to deal with conflict management, during his/her own personal professional growth.
Please, note that Italian is the official language for communication and activities in Rondine. For this reason, the program starts with a 3-month intensive course of Italian language and culture. Knowledge of English is also required for a profitable participation in the Rondine training.
On a comparable assessment of the previous characteristics, the presence of a candidate's sponsorship by a legal entity such as foundations, NGO’s or other non-profit bodies are an an added value. Sponsorship has to demonstrate relatedness to topics close to Rondine's and actual support - even financial, to the candidate.
During the whole period of the participant’s stay, the association takes responsibility of covering the following costs:
- Cost of the training activities in Rondine
- Cost of the lodging and board
- Cost of the academic or vocational training (enrolment fees, learning material, transportation)
Expenses under the responsibility of the student include: expenses for the travel to/from Italy and visa procedures, holiday travels, personal and medical expenses and every other cost not specifically included among the expenses covered by the Association.
A more detailed description of the economic aspects will be part of the learning and participation agreement that the candidate will be asked to read and sign before the start of the trial period.
Those interested in participating in the Rondine program must send the documents mentioned below before the 26th January 2018 to the following email addresses: email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Balkans_application Rondine_2018.pdf
- Middle East_application Rondine_2018.pdf
- Russian Federation_application Rondine_2018.pdf
- South Caucasus_application Rondine_2018.pdf