Call for Applications, Westerwelle Young Founders Programme Autumn 2018Training 17.05.2018
The Westerwelle Young Founders Programme is a fully funded year-long programme for 25 exceptional entrepreneurs from developing and emerging economies. As part of the programme, the Westerwelle Foundation hosts an annual conference in Berlin: the Young Founders Conference. Its focus is to connect young founders from developing and emerging economies with each other and with the German startup scene.
The participants of the Young Founders Conference will have the unique opportunity to meet and interact with successful entrepreneurs, investors and political decision makers. They will also join a network of like-minded outstanding young founders from developing and emerging economies.
During the year-long programme, all fellows will get access to:
- The Young Founders Conference in Berlin, Germany; 16 – 20 October 2018
- A mentoring programme: monthly mentoring calls with an experienced entrepreneur and with the group of Westerwelle Young Founders
- Invitations and scholarships for entrepreneurship conferences
- An international alumni network
In order to be considered eligible to apply, you must fulfill all of the following criteria:
- You have recently (in the last 5 years) started a for-profit company with a scalable business model,
- your company is based in a developing or emerging country or has a strong business focus on developing and emerging economies,
- you possess a good working knowledge of English.
Please note that foreign applicants must possess valid travel documents (including a visa, if necessary) to enter Germany, and valid travel medical insurance.
The Westerwelle Foundation will cover the costs of your flight, accommodation and food during the Young Founders Conference in Berlin, 16 – 20 October 2018. Additional costs for health travel insurance, visa and personal expenses have to be borne by the participants. Activities during the year such as mentoring via Skype and other online coaching activities are free of charge. On top of this, there is the possibility of applying for further scholarships awarded by the Westerwelle Foundation to attend entrepreneurship conferences worldwide.
We screen all applications and invite shortlisted candidates for a Skype interview. Based on the results of both the written applications and Skype interviews, our jury then selects the candidates who will get to participate in the Westerwelle Young Founders Programme.
In order to apply, .