Advanced Programme in European Law and EconomicsTraining 04.07.2019
Deadline: 08 July 2019
Open to: professionals from public administration, NGOs and academia with at least 2 years of professional experience
Tuition fee: the programme is free of charge
The Advanced Programme was developed for professionals coming from the European Neighbourhood Policy Countries, Central Asia and the Western Balkans. Over a period of 12 weeks, it provides a comprehensive training on the legal, economic and political functioning of the European Union (EU). In addition, the Programme includes a week-long study visit to Brussels and Luxembourg for in-person meetings in the European Parliament, the European Commission, the European External Action Service, the Court of Justice of the EU and other EU institutions.
• European Union Law
• Challenges to Democracies
• European Political Economy
• Economic Development and International Trade
• International Law
• European Integration
• Fundamental Rights
• International Sales Law
• Project Management for the Public Sector
• Economic Crisis Management
• Society and Social Issues in the European Union
• Negotiation Techniques
• National Policy Development
• Legal Drafting and Legal Certainty
• Modern Taxation, Health and Social Policy
• Budget Planning
• Good Governance, Fraud and Corruption
Each course is awarded 1.5 ECTS.
The following documents have to be submitted in the online system to apply:
• Curriculum Vitae
• Description of present job function
• Motivation letter
• Copies of university diplomas
• Recommendation letter from current employer
• Confirmation of the ability to undertake studies in English
Participating countries or specific regions are decided upon by the Programme donors.
The eligible countries for the Spring 2019 session are:
The programme is free of charge.
The covered costs include:
• Study process and materials
• Travel to and from Riga, including insurance
• Accommodation in Riga
• Travel to and from Brussels and Luxembourg, including insurance
• Accommodation in Brussels and Luxembourg
• Daily subsistence for everyday needs
Deadline of application: 08 July 2019 23:59 Europe/Riga time
In order to apply, register HERE.
If you have any questions, please write to: email@example.com.