Call for Applications: Kanthari Leadership Training ProgramTraining 25.03.2020
Deadline: 30 June 2020
Applicants are invited to apply for the kanthari leadership training program.
Located in Trivandrum, South India on the banks of the scenic Vellayani Lake, kanthari offers a unique twelve-month training course with a tailor-made curriculum. Participants are equipped with all tools and skills required to set up and run own NGO’s/social enterprises that make a positive impact in their communities. 7 months are residential in India, followed by 5 months start-up phase mentorship support.
The course is especially designed for those who have overcome adversity and because of that are driven to make a difference. The course is an experiential journey and cannot be compared with any postgraduate study. Previous formal education is not necessarily required.
Participants who apply for this program must be committed to address a social issue and create a positive social impact within their communities. Verticals that are being addressed by kanthari graduates are a.o. alternative education, disability, human rights and environment.
- tailor-made personal development program
- a.o. skill sets in project management, planning, fund-raising, communication, accounting, social media, public speech.
- access to mentoring program
- networking with social change makers from 45 countries
- full board and lodging during the time in India.
Applicants will need to have a plan for a social project/venture that will create a mindset change in their community.
- Applicants will need to be 22 years of age or older (no upper limit)
- Intermediary knowledge of English (reading, writing and speaking)
- Basic knowledge of using a computer
- High energy, flexibility, creativity, selfdriven
- For people in wheelchairs: independent mobility and daily living skills
- For blind and/or partially sighted people: excellent mobility skills, being able to use the white cane.
For more information website