CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: MENTORSHIP PROGRAMME: SWISSGAMES SHOWCASE 2020Training 04.05.2020
Deadline: 25 may 2020
The Covid-19 had a sudden and significant impact globally. In the video games industry, the virus outbreak seems to have the biggest impact on smaller studios. As a consequence of mobility restrictions and events ban, trade missions and events are cancelled, causing difficulties for independent studios to present their projects and meet publishers, potential investors and partners.
Under the SwissGames label, Pro Helvetia has been accompanying indie studios and organizing national delegations to the leading’s video games events for over 10 years. The current situation is exceptional and forces us to think about new formats to continue to support the Swiss game cluster. Pro Helvetia launches a new mentorship programme, SwissGames Showcase 2020, to help studios access business opportunities in these challenging times.
The programme unfolds in 3 steps:
- Call for participation: studios apply through a video pitch which will be reviewed at the end of May by an international jury. Each jury member will pick up up to three studios among the most promising projects.
- Coaching phase: The jury members take on mentorship for their picked projects and guide them through a 2-days online private coaching phase throughout the month of June. The mentors help the studios get their projects ready for the market. Based on this feedback, the studios will sharpen their initial video pitches and edit a final version.
- Showcase: The full selection of reworked video pitches forms the SwissGames Showcase 2020 – a selection of the most promising indie games of the country.
-Mentors act as enablers and introduce their protégé to targeted contacts within their networks.
-The SwissGames showcase takes part in various industry online and offline events in Summer and Autumn 2020 (Gamescom digital, for example)
Up to 15 studios will be able to join the programme and will benefit from the following services:
- 2-days of private coaching with a mentor
- Targeted introductions by a mentor
- Participation to the SwissGames Showcase 2020 delegations to various international online and offline gatherings: Gamescom digital, for example.
- Promotional coverage by Pro Helvetia
Applications shall be sent before 25 May and should include:
- This online form
- a maximum 3′ video pitch, with the following content:
- Description of the project (including gameplay overview and USPs)
- Current status of the project (stage of production, anticipated release timing)
- Business strategy (including info on target audience, how you plan to reach them, market research/competition, etc)
- What are you looking for (including funding amount needed, services and support functions desired)
We are looking forward to receiving your application!