Short-Term Volunteering in Kyrgyzstan Republic !Volunteering 12.04.2014
Open to: candidates who speak Turkish, Kyrgyz, Uzbek, Russian and/or English and have experience working with children and youth
Benefits: accommodation, assistance with preparation for the journey
The Swedish NGO Centralasiengrupperna are looking for short-term volunteers to their activity center in Osh, southern Kyrgyzstan from June and onwards! Volunteer services can start at any time during the summer or fall of 2014.
The activity center/main office in Osh has two local employees and two Swedish coordinators who work partly administrative and organizational as well as with current activities as trainers and leaders in touch with young people. The activities in the house take place 3 days a week when young people from Osh and surroundings come to participate in workshops, games, film screenings and other activities.
There is a high interest from the participants in terms of meeting international guests with special knowledge and skills that they share at the house. This is what they are looking for with short-term volunteers! Earlier short-term volunteers have been small groups of drama teachers, educators, artists, musicians, magicians and cyclists as well as individual experts in organizational development, gender and world cultural heritage. They are open to all possible suggestions.
- Have experience and enjoy working with children and/or youth
- Be willing to share your particular expertise
- Have a pedagogical approach
- Be interested in intercultural and norm critical questions
- Speak Turkish, Kyrgyz, Uzbek, Russian and/or English
- You must be able to show a document from the police authorities in your country concerning criminal record for work with young people
- Volunteer service will lasts for 2 to 6 weeks
- Centralasiengrupperna will finance the accommodation throughout the entire volunteering period
- Get assistance with preparations for the journey and during the stay in Osh
- No salary or compensation is paid
Send a small application with a description of what you want to do during your short term volunteering, what kind of experience you have working with children/youth and what time period you would like to leave to email@example.com at least 3 weeks before your estimated departure.
For more information visit the official website HERE.