Write for the Rising Voices Blog!Volunteering 21.02.2014
Deadline: not specified/ongoing
Open to: writers internationally with experience in writing short articles (either online or in a local publication) + knowledge of digital media activism and education
Benefits: enhancing writing skills and public relations
Rising Voices, an outreach initiative of Global Voices, aims to help bring new voices from new communities and speaking new languages to the global conversation by providing resources and funding to local groups reaching out to underrepresented communities.
Founded in 2004 by a group of pioneering international bloggers, Global Voices aggregates, curates, and amplifies the global conversation online – shining light on places and people other media often ignore. However, over the years it became increasingly clear that certain regions, languages, and demographics were better represented in the online global conversation than others. Today, Rising Voices looks forward to expand the pool of Rising Voices authors.
With a focus on local educational work around digital media, the initiative is recruiting new volunteer authors to contribute to the blog.
- Experience in writing short articles, either online or in a local publication
- Knowledge of digital media activism and education, in your own region or further afield
How to Apply?
If you are interested, send an email to email@example.com with the following:
- A brief statement of writing experience;
- Links to articles written online (if available – this can be on a personal blog);
- Pitch one or two ideas you would be interested to write about that fit with Rising Voices, about digital education and inclusion, or a profile of a digital educator, activist, or presence. These can be local to your area or further afield. Tell us why you want to write about this trend, resource, project or person, and why they should be known about by the world.
For any questions which you might have please use this contact form