Call for Applications: ACWR Board PresidentVolunteering 08.03.2020
Deadline: 10 April 2020
The Arts Council Windsor & Region (ACWR) is a non-profit organization that serves all disciplines of individual artists, arts organizations and non-arts partners in promoting, developing and realizing creative activity.
The Arts Council Windsor & Region (ACWR) is currently seeking an enthusiastic individual to join the Board of Directors’ Executive Committee. This volunteer position is an excellent opportunity for those with a background in administration and/or a strong interest in non-profit organizations, and the arts, culture and heritage sector.
The Arts Council Windsor & Region (ACWR) strives to enhance the economic and social well-being of the community by:
- Strengthening the arts through leadership, education, advocacy and promotion;
- Creating and expanding opportunities for diverse activities that connect the community through participation in the arts.
- Enrich the quality of life in our region by increasing awareness of the arts and its value.
- A strong interest in arts, culture and heritage
- Enthusiasm for and experience with non-profit organizations / charities
- A mature attitude and ability to work collaboratively
- Ability to multi-task and respond flexibly to changing work requirements
- Conversant in “Robert’s Rules of Order”
- Legal and Human Resources knowledge is an asset
- Organizational, interpersonal, and oral and written communication skills
- Connection to Business, Financial sector is an asset
Interested persons are asked to submit a cover letter and resume as an expression of interest in confidence to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. Must be a member of ACWR in good standing.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, though only those selected for a meeting will be contacted.