Call for Applications: Creating Conversations Volunteer in London Borough of CroydonVolunteering 14.03.2020
Why we need your help
To promote public awareness of death, dying and bereavement and help people to talk about and plan for the end of life.
- To use your individual networks to engage community groups in end of life discussions, raise awareness about different areas of end of life planning and communicate how thoughtful planning and family discussions impact positively on your loved ones
- To raise the profile of Dying Matters during national awareness weeks such as Dying Matters Week, Carers Week and Free Wills Month.
What time should you offer?
Ideally a minimum of one or two workshops a month or other community activity
Time for the related preparation and networking to find receptive community groups for the furtherance of the project
Possible regular sessions at a Death Café
There is flexibility with the time you offer and this can be discussed
- Face to face engagement with the public, giving out leaflets and information at community stalls either organized by Project Lead or through community networks.
- Facilitating and co-facilitating workshops
- Facilitating Death Café’s (Optional)
- To assist in running leaflet events in public places and at organized events
- Talks to small groups
- To submit project data as per funding requirements both quantitative and qualitative data, on a monthly basis or more frequently if requested.
- Undertake public awareness on end of life planning by creative displays e.g. in shop windows.
- Representing St Christopher’s and our values at all times during your volunteering role
- You will NOT be engaging in one to one advocacy or support in filling out forms.
- Good listener and clear communicator, to the public, team members and Project Lead
- Able to facilitate – co-facilitate workshops with support from Project Lead if required
- Ability to respect confidentiality
- To be a team player
- Confident in learning to use our online volunteer system which is used to keep in touch and sign up for activities.
- To be mindful of personal safety
- Ability to represent St Christopher’s and our values positivity and other community partners
- Able to network and research community groups
For more information Website