CfA: Workshop WG 4 : Citizen Science & Social Innovations in Kaunas, LithuaniaWorkshops 09.12.2018
Social Innovations are understood as new ideas or initiatives that make it possible to meet our society’s challenges in areas such as the environment, education, employment, culture, health, economic development and to achieve social goals (Vinals & Rodriguez, 2013). Citizens can contribute to solving of social problems through different initiatives and projects resulting also in citizen science. Many citizen-science projects serve education and social goals, thus opening an arena for development of social innovations. In this workshop, we will discuss how citizen science can contribute society’s goals and development of social innovations.
Early-Career Investigators (ECI) (individuals who are within a time span of up to 8 years from the date they obtained their PhD/doctorate (full-time equivalent) in different fields; senior researchers, as well as practitioners in the field of citizen science and/or social innovations. Applications will be assessed and up to 15 participants will be invited. We expect to be able to fund about 10 participants.
We aim to achieve a balanced representation of disciplines, gender and countries, with particular emphasis on ECI and applicants from COST Inclusiveness Target Countries (see the list here http://www.cost.eu/about_cost/strategy/excellence-inclusiveness).
Applicants are requested to:
- Fill out the application form
- Prepare and upload a 250-word motivation letter, expressing their interest in the workshop.
- Prepare and upload a short CV - max 2 pages. In the same document containing the CV, if applicable, describe also their role/contribution in/to the COST Action 15212 (e.g., Working Group Member, contributor to a publication, etc.).
Please upload your CV and motivation letter in the application form!
The organizing committee will assess the eligible contributions following these criteria:
- Scientific/technical quality of contribution (max. 5 score points).
- Interest of the submitted contribution to the WG and Action goals (max. 5 score points)
For further information regarding applications, please consult:
- Eglė Butkevičienė <email@example.com> Kaunas University of Technology, Lithuania
- Loreta Tauginienė <firstname.lastname@example.org> Mykolas Romeris University, Lithuania