Call for Applications, PeaCE Programme’s Peacebuilding Funds OpportunityWorkshops 05.07.2018
Eurasia Partnership Foundation in Azerbaijan (EPF) invites peace activists to the workshop on capacity building
Within the framework of the EU-initiated ‘Peacebuilding through Capacity Enhancement and Civic Engagement’ (PeaCE) program, EPF Azerbaijan welcomes applications for the capacity building workshop to be held on July 11-13. The two and half day workshop is intended as a crash course in proposal writing for prospective applicants to PeaCE Programme’s Peacebuilding Funds Opportunity (if this is the first time you hear about this funding opportunity, please, follow to Q&A section below). The workshop will have two components:
- An information session on the technical and legal aspects of the Peacebuilding Funds Opportunity.
- A session on proposal writing, which will provide a hands-on introduction to the subject.
The programme of the workshop is as follows:
Day 1 (09.30 – 13.00):
- PeaCE Programme’s Peacebuilding Funds Opportunity: technical and legal requirements
Day 2 (10.00 – 18.00):
- Welcome and Introduction of Participants and Trainer
Training Methodology Overview; Terminology
- Topic 1: Mapping out needs and issues
- Topic 2: Planning a project: setting effective project goals and objectives and focusing on an outcome
- Topic 3: Theories of Change: Improving Program Design and Strategy
Day 3 (10.00 – 18.00):
- Topic 4: Peacebuilding Logical Framework Planning
- Topic 5: Monitoring, Evaluation and Realignment
- Topic 6: Risk Assessment and Mitigation
- Bringing it All Together – Developing Participants’ Frameworks for Program
Training Evaluation and Closing
IMPORTANT NOTE: The scope of this workshop is strictly limited to (a) providing general information on proposal writing and (b) technical information on the Peacebuilding Funds Opportunity. No advice shall be offered to the prospective applicants regarding the substance of their individual applications for the Peacebuilding Funds Opportunity.
Eligibility of applicants: Prospective applicants to the Peacebuilding Funds Opportunity are welcome to apply for this workshop. Interested individuals are kindly asked to send a short email to email@example.com expressing their wish to participate in the workshop. Please, include “PeaCE workshop” in the subject line of your email. Applications are accepted as they arrive on a rolling basis.
Q&A: What is the Peacebuilding Funds Opportunity?
The Peacebuilding Funds Opportunity is part of the “Peacebuilding through Capacity Enhancement and Civic Engagement” (PeaCE) programme funded by the European Union under the Instrument contributing to Stability and Peace (IcSP). The PeaCE programme aims to re-engage Armenians and Azerbaijanis from geographic areas affected by the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict in peacebuilding activities, as well as revive the peacebuilding process within and between these societies. The Peacebuilding Funds Opportunity is an instrument providing individuals and organizations with up to EUR 25,000 to implement innovative in-country, bilateral or multilateral peacebuilding initiatives to build trust and confidence across the conflict divide.
Please, click here to learn more about the Peacebuilding Funds Opportunity Call for Full Proposals.