Call for Applications, Film Criticism Workshop in Yogyakarta, IndonesiaWorkshops 03.10.2018
The application is now open to this year’s Film Criticism Collective Workshop organized by Yamagata International Documentary Film Festival (YIDFF) in collaboration with Festival Film Dokumenter (FFD). The workshop will take place during FFD 2018 on December 6th-11th in Yogyakarta, Indonesia.
Film Criticism Collective Workshop will provide training in critical framework and incisive writing about documentary cinema, while offering immersion in the lively atmosphere of an international film festival. Participants will also attend film screenings during the festival to later; write about them for regular tasks and discussions with mentors and fellow participants. Moreover, participants will have the opportunity to attend the public lectures organized by FFD, which mainly focus on contemporary issues regarding documentary developments and film festivals in South East Asia and even Asia.
About Film Criticism Collective
Founded in Japan in 2015, the Film Criticism Collective is intended to develop and encourage film criticism, to facilitate interaction among critics of different countries, and to make the writing of East Asian critics more accessible in English. The main activity of FCC is the Film Criticism Workshop, which is held every two years at the Yamagata International Documentary Film Festival, with the support of the Japan Foundation Asia Center. FCC also held a Film Criticism Workshop at Salamindanaw Asian Film Festival in General Santos, Philippines, in 2016.
How to apply?
- The submission is open for participants from Japan and South East Asian Countries.
- Participants must be able to attend the workshop during FFD 2018 from December 6th – December 11th
- Participants must be capable to write and engage in discussions in English
- Send an email including the details requested below :
- Phone number
- Email address
- Self-introduction (education and employment history, with emphasis on your writing experience and your involvement with cinema)
- 2 samples of previous writings in English
- Essay on the theme “Why I Want to Write about Documentary” (approximately 500 words)
to email@example.com with subject : Film Criticism_Name_Country no later than October 22nd 2018.
For further information or questions please email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This workshop is organized by: Yamagata International Documentary Film Festival and Festival Film Dokumenter in collaboration with Cinema Poetica, and grant from The Japan Foundation Asia Center Grant Program for Promotion of Cultural Collaboration.